This guide will help you understand the requirements needed to apply for a Holiday Sickness Compensation Claim, What evidence will help with your claim and our tips to give you the best chance of making your claim a success.
To be eligible for a Holiday Sickness Compensation claim your illness or incident must meet the following conditions:
- You must have been on an all-inclusive package holiday in the last 3 years.
- You or your family member must have been sick or ill whilst away on holiday.
- You or your family member must have missed out on part of the holiday whilst away.
Supporting your Claim:
Understandably when an incident or illness occurs whilst on holiday you’re probably not going to be able to get all the information you might need there and then, but it’s important to provide as much as you can to help support your claim.
The types of evidence that you could provide will depend on the reason that you’re making a claim, below are a few tips which are useful in the majority of cases.
- If possible you should try to get witness statements from other people or staff at your resort or hotel who may have seen or suffered from the same incident.
- It can be helpful if you are able to provide photographs of the scene or of what you believe may have caused the incident.
- Try to keep receipts from any medication you buy as a result of the incident.
- If you visit a doctor or hospital any invoices or reports could be useful.
- Keep a diary of your symptoms whilst still on holiday and how it progressed.
- Photograph or keep any clothing that is soiled or damaged due to the incident.
- If any travel expenses occurred as a result of the incident keep any tickets or receipts.
- Report the incident to your holiday operator or tour representative as soon as possible and keep a record of any conversations you have with them.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any of the evidence listed above either, as these might not be relevant to your case, or there could be evidence that comes to light due to our agents investigating your claim. Ultimately you’d still have a good chance of success if you meet the initial requirements.